Thursday 23 August 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites

I know, I know. I said I don’t really love chocolate and peanut butter. And now I’m forced to eat my words. But it’s ok, because I’m chasing them with these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies.

There is something about Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups that I can’t help but gobble up. Maybe it’s the sweet chocolate. Maybe it’s that special peanut butter texture that only Reese’s has. Maybe it’s the perfect chocolate-to-peanut butter ratio. Maybe it doesn’t matter and I’ll eat anything with sugar in it.

Whatever it is, I wanted it in brownie form. Because how bad could that be? Brownie peanut butter cups? YUM. And I’m still obsessed with mini everything, so it kind of fit the bill. Chocolate and peanut butter for everyone!




Make up a batch of boxed brownies. You know the drill.




Stir ‘em up good.




See this? This is genius strategy. You don’t have to use spoons or wipe drips off your entire muffin tin. This significantly shortens the time it takes for you to get the brownies from the box and into your mouth.




Squirt the brownie batter into your well-greased mini muffin tin. See? Almost no mess!




Pop brownies out of the tin to cool and then spread a nice mountain of peanut butter frosting onto each one.

Or, if you want it to taste like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, add graham cracker crumbs. Yup, you heard me! Add the same amount of crumbs as you did peanut butter.




Now dip your peanut butter brownie in melted milk chocolate. Be sure your chocolate is quite warm or you might have some fallen peanut butter hats in your bowl of chocolate. So you will have to just eat them. Sad, I know.




And that’s really all there is to it.




I see you hiding under there!




Unless you want to get a little extra fancy.

Because then you can top them with some Reese’s Pieces.




I think it gives them extra cuteness points.



But cuteness aside, these are deliciously rich and sweet and definitely reminiscent of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.




Which is great. Even if you only feel meh about peanut butter.

B.faB and happy baking!
Ingredients
Brownies
  • 1 box brownie mix + required ingredients 


Peanut Butter Topping
  • 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 
  • 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup) - room temperature 
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar 
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (optional) 
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips 
  • Reese’s Pieces (optional) 

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare brownie mix according to box instructions. Fill well-grease mini muffin cups with brownie batter. Bake for 15-20 mins, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool.

Mix butter and peanut butter in mixer with paddle attachment until combined. Slowly mix in confectioners’ sugar. Mix in graham cracker crumbs. Spread about a tablespoon of peanut butter topping on each brownie.

Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes, stirring at 30 second intervals. Dip each peanut butter-covered brownie into the melted chocolate. Keep chocolate warm to avoid pulling off the peanut butter topping by returning chocolate to the microwave for 10 seconds when necessary. Top with Reese’s Pieces if desired.


2 comments:

  1. Love your recipe! Please come over to Cast Party Wednesday and share it with us. Thanks, I hope to see you there! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/cast-party-wednesday-link-party-56/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love these! I die for peanut butter and chocolate, and these look sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete